Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Trichotillomania

In the summer after 5th grade, I told this girl that I liked her and she just said "oh".
And then I emailed her a bunch saying I was sorry (and looking back what the fuck was I sorry for? I told her I liked her, why the ignoring me and harsh attitude when I saw you at church?) Eventually I got an email back saying "stop. there are so many fish in the sea." Well, there was more to that, but that is a direct quote from it. The email was lost when my old computer crashed, and along with it, an outbox full of apologies from a 5th grade boy whose heart had been broken.

I started pulling my hair out and I had to wear a hat or a dew rag for the rest of the summer because there was this giant bald spot on the top of my head. And now, whenever I get messed up or I'm in a bad state of mind, I check my clothes to see if there is any hair on them.

That, or I pull some hair out.

No comments:

Post a Comment