Sunday, March 25, 2012

Senior Speech (Things I wish I said)

Oh dear God.
Musical is over. I don't know what I'm going to do with my time now (there's no way in hell I'm putting time back INTO schoolwork).

Last night (this morning technically) was awesome. I talked to so many people from the cast I hadn't really talked about. I can't believe I didn't cry. I would have talked longer for my senior speech, but I was told we had to keep it to a maximum of 2 minutes, and with my pauses at the beginning, I think I went a little over. So I guess this is a continuation.

To all of the girls: You are all beautiful. You all were fantastic out on the stage and it is a complete pleasure for me to have met you. I hope you continue to do fantastic things in your life and to never give up on anything, especially not life, because that's one of the most precious things of all.

To all of the guys: Damn you dice, give me back my money. It was great to be able to get to know you and grow closer to you over the past few months and I'll miss each and every one of you. Don't hesitate to try to talk to me or anything. You all are great.

When a star explodes and dies, it is millions of light-years away, so when a star fades for us, it died many, many years before

When a star fades, we don't perceive it because there are so many other ones that take its place

Musical was the northern star for me; burning bright and leading me home, but even though it's faded, I don't perceive it as such because there are 60 new stars of equal brightness taking its place.

1 comment: