Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Final Twitch Before Death

What if I didn't wake tomorrow?
Would anyone really care?
What if no one stopped and felt sorrow?
Would it be as if I was ever there?

There in your heart,
There in your mind,
There on this earth,
This rock hurtling through space to which we call home.

I don't mind if you don't respond,
Honestly, I don't care.
But you know you were the girl to whom I fawned
But you just turn your back and give me quite a fair share

Of what this world is really about.
Does it matter?
Is Heaven real?
Is there someone who could love this soul so worn and teared?

You once gave me hope
For my life and the future
Now you leave a taste in my mouth that can't be taken out by soap
And rip open these wounds that were healed and sutured

I'm not so sure about if I'll wake up tomorrow
Or the next day or the next
But if one thing is for sure, it's that I'll fight to the bitter end.
I'll fight to prove you wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment