Saturday, May 14, 2011

Experiment TWO

Yesterday was quite possibly the best night of my life. It was prom. I had been rejected upwards of eight times, but a girl that I had liked since the beginning of the year was apparently interested in me, and she didn't have a date. She accepted my awkward proposal, and the next day, after I had finally put myself back together (this was the first time in my life that anyone had ever agreed to go on a "date" with me), I was ecstatic. I began counting down the days. One of my best friends had to endure me texting, IMing, or talking to her about how excited I was about prom everyday, which she deserves a medal for.

Last night was magical. I was sick, but I had the best time of my life. I danced, I ate, I laughed, I met new people, and perhaps most importantly of all, I made sure that no matter what I did, I didn't blow my nose into my sleeve.

My feet still hurt, and I may not have danced with my date, as I had planned, or maybe even kissed her or anything, but last night was the most accepted and happiest I have ever felt in my entire life.

No comments:

Post a Comment