Monday, May 23, 2011

Fleeting

It's stupid to worry about the trite things in life
When you, the most able person I know, are discouraged and belittled by those whose opinions you care about
There is beauty in everything, most of all in you
When you think you are alone in this world, I will be with you; standing from afar
When you believe that you cannot get back up, I'll be the voice in your head that pushes you forward
When you stumble, I will be there to catch you before you fall to the ground
When you are at the top, please remember me
When you are walking down the red carpet, with hundreds of pictures of you being taken every minute, please recognize my face
When you finally reach the good life, please let me be a fleeting memory in your mind
Besides, what are friends for?

No comments:

Post a Comment